kev.in.real.time

Friday, May 04, 2007

Day Off at last

I have at last got a day off from work!
I have celebrated it by going down to Starbucks and sitting down by the window with my Mocha watching the talent go by. It has been a long 20+ days at work in a row and my legs and whole body is so sore. I have tomorrow to get over it and then it is back to work on sunday.

Now, is it me or are power bills going up overseas just like they are in New Zealand. It is only May here and Aprils bill was over $100! I live in a tiny house and i just wonder where the power is being used. I dread to think what the bill will be like at the end of winter, my guess will be $150 so im going on an absolute drive to save power. The fridge and hot water and lighting are the essentials so i cant really cut back on them (A shower is an essential) I think i will be more religious in switching off unwanted lights. Turn down the heating a notch and wear a jersey in the house and read a book instead of watching the TV.

I just wonder how long my power saving drive will last?

Thanks for all your suggestions about Wisconsin. It seems like a mixed bag of responses. I will keep you all informed about my decisions.

6 Comments:

At 10:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You deserve your well-earned day off! What a stretch! Enjoy!

Yes, utilities are going out of sight here, too. Do you read Southern Expressions (Brad)? He has a story in a recent post.

 
At 6:37 AM, Blogger CondoBlogger said...

Hope your day of rest treated you well!

 
At 6:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You deserved that break.. Working for 20 days straight? God, I would break down.

In our apartment here in Norway, it doesn't matter how much electricity you consume, since the monthly bill will always be the same... Unless there's like a huge jump in electricity usage, then, all the owners would have to split the total bill equally.

 
At 7:46 AM, Blogger T-Bird said...

Damn. What a long haul.

Hey, I promised you "Kiwi Magic". She is in this post. Click on the pic and grab yourself a big ass copy of your namesake Rhododendron.

http://saturdaynightsoulsoup.blogspot.com/2007/05/signs-of-spring-05-10.html

Hopefully as you enter winter it will brighten your day.

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger Donnie said...

Hey Kev.....glad to hear you enjoyed your day off. You deserved to treat yourself.

Here in the southeastern part of NC, the electricity isn't too bad (luckily). We don't get high electric bills until Aug-Oct. That's when we're the hottest and most humid.

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger Doug said...

Damn! 20 days str8! (well, in a row, anyway) ;)

Hope your day off was a nice one. *hugs*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home