kev.in.real.time

Friday, April 20, 2007

Thoughts

I am feeling so shattered after my numerous days of work and still not a day off in sight! All is good though because i should be receiving a big pay packet early next week. I might do a bit of internet shopping on Wednesday from a few American sites as our kiwi is almost at record highs against the US Dollar. I think it is time to get some shopping therapy!

Interest rates have gone up here to 7.5% meaning mortgages have got so expensive. People are getting a bit frantic as there is expected to be another rise next week because the economy is doing so well. All i can say is thank god for fixed rate mortgages.

My thought of the day is 'thank god that guns are outlawed in NZ', our thoughts are with those at Viginia tech, USA.

11 Comments:

At 11:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A. When we first bought our present home in 1989, our interest rate was 10.75%. (We since re-financed when rates went down.) We're getting our new one at 6.125%

B. Another reason why you Kiwi's come across to me as more civilized.

 
At 2:26 AM, Blogger Ashok Kizhepat said...

A blog directory listing on shopping therapy Add your blog site to the collection.

 
At 2:57 AM, Blogger patrick said...

I so wish guns were outlawed here in the US>

 
At 4:17 AM, Blogger Doug said...

Have a good weekend, even if you have to work.

 
At 7:10 AM, Blogger Donnie said...

Have fun with the big pay packet, Kevin. It's good to treat yourself now and again.

I can understand your view on guns, but I'm afraid if they were outlawed here in the US, the 'nutjobs' would just resort to other weapons (like fertilizer bombs).

Have a great weekend. :)

 
At 8:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

use the pay packet to come and visit!!

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger tim said...

Shopping therapy works for me too. I just bought three pairs of jeans and some socks... and let me tell you... it works. I spent more than I usually do on a pair but boy do they make me look hot... hee hee hee... :)

 
At 1:54 AM, Blogger cb said...

you have NO handguns in NZ? NONE???

Hope you are doing well. Oh, and I'm going to steal the term 'shattered". we in america don't use that one as a descriptor for feeling exhausted, beat, wiped out, whipped, etc.

 
At 2:55 AM, Blogger CondoBlogger said...

I want a "pay packet." That sounds like so much more fun than my current "pay stub." A Packet sounds like it could be full of all sorts of stuff. My check, some cupons, candy maybe... I don't know.

 
At 3:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope some R&R comes your way soon!

 
At 10:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woohoo to online shopping! I always get my books from Amazon. Now that I'm almost done with one book, I should order a new one. Thanks for the link, btw. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home