kev.in.real.time

Friday, April 06, 2007

Hot X Buns

Today i have kind of stuffed myself silly with Hot Cross Buns. I got them at the supermarket last night after the crowds had departed after then doing their last minute shopping! I dont think i can eat any more.

The Easter trading laws are up for review this year. We have a strange policy where all shops are closed on good Friday and Easter Sunday except for tourist shops and eateries and 'essential' stores. Needless to say it has prevented me from spending any money. I have to go to the supermarket tomorrow so im expecting to have to battle through the heaving masses. I will try to leave it as late as possible i think to let the rush go.

I have my easter egg already.

8 Comments:

At 10:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I was growing up, in my home area everything was closed on every Sunday - except very essential services. With regard to the Easter weekend, all shops and stores closed from noon to 3 pm on Good Friday.

 
At 10:38 PM, Blogger Thomas (Tom) Rimington said...

Your Friday is already over? Our's is just beginning... I wish they'd close everything here for Good Friday... Then I would be off today!!!

 
At 5:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are all closed up here on Friday and Sunday.
Can I cross your hot buns?

 
At 5:04 AM, Blogger Doug said...

I love hot Cross buns. I had some a few weeks ago. Shame you can only get them on Easter. Mom, sis and I are heading to a candy shop today for some chocolate. We are going to go out and eat tomorrow night for Easter. Hope you have a good holiday, Kev.

 
At 3:18 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Easter

 
At 12:54 AM, Blogger cb said...

Question: since you are down under, when you celebrate easter, is Christ on an upside down cross??

 
At 7:36 AM, Blogger Donnie said...

I haven't had hot cross buns in years! Growing up (and in many parts of the South still) we had "blue laws" outlawing shops from being open on Sundays. I'm glad times have changed.

 
At 5:57 AM, Blogger T-Bird said...

I was in the UK once and drove thru some market town where Hot Cross Buns were invented -- the person driving mentioned it as we whizzed by on our way to Coventry.

Nice phrase "Hot Cross Buns". Something you can really slip into!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home