kev.in.real.time

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Flu jab or NOT?

It's that time of year where flu's and colds are starting to go around (well it is in the southern hemisphere) and they have started rolling out the adverts for encouraging people to go to get a flu vaccination. Im never really sure whether i should go and get one as i'm fit and healthy and am reasonably young. If i do get one it will range in cost from $40-$60 depending on where i go. That money could be spent elsewhere by me. I guess it is like an insurance policy.

What does everyone else think about flu vaccinations, do you have them?

Sometimes, my workplace will offer a vaccination for free but it has not been every year that they offer this. Perhaps i should just invest in some vitamin c and multi-vitamins to see me through and stay away from contagious people. I also heard that garlic is pretty good too.

11 Comments:

At 11:47 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I have flu shots twice... and both those years I was more sick than any other years... I avoid them.

 
At 3:16 AM, Blogger Donnie said...

I don't get the flu shot. I was told as a child I couldn't get them because of my allergies. Knock on wood, I've survived without them.

 
At 4:22 AM, Blogger Joe Jubinville said...

I got the flu several years ago and was in bed for two weeks. The slightest air movement gave me chills and you could have fried an egg on my forehead. Never again, if I can help it. I've gotten a shot every year since, and have not had the flu since. Money well spent in my opinion.

 
At 4:43 AM, Blogger cb said...

I say, risk the flu! For one thing, its rarely fatal for people in our age group. And for another thing- it gets you out of work for a few days when you get it.

I know I look forward to the flu sometimes given where I work.

 
At 5:24 AM, Blogger David said...

Likewise i was more ill after the flu jab than the years I didnt have it, at least it's free in the UK though.

 
At 7:02 AM, Blogger Doug said...

I don't usually get them. And I don't ever get the flu. I guess I would worry if I were older.. and one year they ran out of vaccine anyway. I think a lot of people panic over nothing.

 
At 7:17 AM, Blogger Grahamburger said...

I haven't had them, although I am supposed to. I see the need, I just don't want to do it...I get jabbed enough as it is!!

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger T-Bird said...

Get them!

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger CondoBlogger said...

Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. I haven't had the flu in years. Probably time for another shot.

It always cracks me up though... and I have to wonder if it is a mind over matter thing... that anytime anyone asks a group of people about their feelings on the flu shot there are always a couple folks who reply like Kelly and David who were sicker the times they GOT jabbed than they years they did not. So clearly, it's not a sure thing.

 
At 10:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have not had any flu shots.

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger Wayne said...

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. And why are you asking a bunch of bloggers who have no clue?
If your short on cash and have sick pay, skip it. If you never get colds like me, skip it. If your young, not like me, skip it, it won't kill you(odds are in your favor). There does that help?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home