kev.in.real.time

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Work Work Work

Today i have started my 20 day work stint without a day off! I started this afternoon. Over the next 20 days i will be doing a mixture of early morning, late evening and overnight shift rotations. Today was day number 1 and i feel shattered already. Tomorrow i have an afternoon going into late evening shift which are not my favourites. Today i also done this kind of shift. One of the benefits of doing the afternoon to late evening shift is that it gives me the chance to go to the bank in the morning as well as pay a few bills. However i have a tendency to lay in in the morning meaning i dont actually get much done during the day.

It is a busy time at work at the moment andbecause i want a holiday some point this year i will have to really really earn it so im holding on to that thought.

OK, im off to shower and crawl into bed (anyone wanna join me!)

9 Comments:

At 1:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sure! Roll over and share th covers! :)

I hated shift work when I had to do it. My body just doesn't like the constant change.

 
At 2:58 AM, Blogger David said...

Sounds a grim shift, 20 days on! how many do you have off after that. Roll over !

 
At 4:07 AM, Blogger Michael said...

Does this mean we won't be getting many blog posts from you over the next 20 days? :-(

 
At 5:05 AM, Blogger cb said...

what kind of fucked up work do you do that you change up so much on your work time??

If I don't have a regular routine, I get VERY testy.

 
At 7:38 AM, Blogger Donnie said...

Yikes! Twenty days ON sounds like a bear. You're a stronger man than I. As long as you don't toss & turn in bed, I'll gladly hop in with ya. :)

 
At 7:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, good luck with the 20-day torture.

 
At 7:59 AM, Blogger CondoBlogger said...

Sounds like we have similar work lives! Wierd hours and long stretches.

Don't work too hard!

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger Doug said...

I don't think I would want to work twenty days in a row! But I do have early morning and late afternoon early evening shifts and I also like my mornings off... I usually sleep in, putter around, drink lots of coffee and not get anything done but it is nice to have a morning off.

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger Sh@ney said...

Eeeek 20 days...I have done 15 straight and was knackered for a fortnight afterwards...Hope you got someone to rub your feet and massage your shoulders...xxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home