kev.in.real.time

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Japanese Restaurant

Tonight i went out to a Japanese restaurant right in the centre of town that i must have walked past a thousand times but never ever thought of going into. We were on our way to McDonalds and passed it so we thought we would go in.

I was pleasantly surprised. I had the Japanese curry with rice and salad affectionally known as the number 10! It seemed very popular with Asian people and the food was actually good. It was served on traditional Japanese plates with silver chop sticks. I soon gave up with the chop sticks and asked for a fork....they got me a spoon! Oh well at least it meant i could still eat it.

All this for just NZ$10 Approx US$5 Approx GBP3 Approx 5Euros.

7 Comments:

At 1:05 AM, Blogger cb said...

Oh dude. You're gay. its time to learn to use chop stix!

You have 30 days to learn or I'm requesting your G-card back.

 
At 4:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have a Japanese restaurant near us. I've only been there once (taking a departing co-worker out before he moved). I think it was much more upscale than what you are describing, but I did enjoy the food.

(PS: I ate with western utensils, too, even though I can do chopsticks.)

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger Doug said...

LOL Yeah, chopstix and soup don't mix. Oh, wait, you didn't have soup? ;)

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger CondoBlogger said...

Chopstix aren't all that hard. It's all in the wrist and a firm but gentle grip. Oh wait, that's not chopstix... but it is good practice!

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger T-Bird said...

love japanese food

 
At 3:14 AM, Blogger Donnie said...

Even though I know how to eat with chopsticks, I prefer Western utensils.

It sounds like it was quite a bargain.

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger TCho said...

mmmmm. that sounds yummy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home