kev.in.real.time

Saturday, March 31, 2007

Face Moisturiser!

I was reading the other day that more and more men are starting to get into personal grooming. I think the figures quoted were that 30%more men wear a face moisturiser than 20 years ago. Further proof of this can be seen while walking around any department store when you can see Nivea For Men, L'Oreal For Men, Shiseido Men, Adidas face Moisturiser For Men etc etc.

I kind of used to only use a face moisturiser every now and then but recently I have found myself using one daily. Remarkably i started using it daily since my trip to America last year. It is called Nickel Face Moisturiser For Men. I just love it and recommend it. Anyone used it? A friend of mine said that all these kind of moisturisers are full of chemicals and ultimately bad for you, but hey, a man has GOT to look his best hasn't he?

Who could believe 50 years ago that mens cosmetics would be perfectly acceptable in 2007?

8 Comments:

At 12:00 PM, Blogger Doug said...

I don't use face moisturiser. I do use body lotion though, as my gas heating causes my skin to become terribly dry. I like the Bath and Body Works brand and have some great scents like lemongrass and sage and cool citrus basil. and Cucumber and melon. I love that one. I love being in 2007!

 
At 4:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I use body lotion. (cheap drug store stuff)During some of the winter months, I will use some face moisturiser when I get dry.
50 years ago who whould have thought that 2 men could get married!!!

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger Donnie said...

While I don't use face moisturizer, I do use St. Ives exfoliating face wash every day in the shower to keep my face silky smooth. Maybe this year I'll add a moisturizer too.

 
At 11:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I use an eye cream, a day moisturizer and a night moisturizer, too. All in the name of vanity. :-)

 
At 3:18 AM, Blogger Doug said...

I use Alba lotions. No animal testing, etc.

When I saw Adidas moisturizer, all I thought of was: "If you want your face to smell like sneakers..."

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger tim said...

Darling, the older I get, the more moisturizer I need.

 
At 11:50 PM, Blogger Wayne said...

I use a moisturiser every day!Have for years!

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger TCho said...

Oh i haven't used Nickel face moisturizer, but I do have their eye gel.

I only use moisturizer during the winter when my skin can get dry. i like Kiehl's facial fuel. not sure if they sell that in New Zealand though...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home