kev.in.real.time

Sunday, April 01, 2007

Today i thought i would go for a walk around the city centre and capture a few photos to put here on my blog. The pictures arent of anything in particular but rather just snapshots of the city.



Maori Pole






























I have added a picture of Starbucks for my American bog friends so they can see that there is an American presence here. I have also enclosed a picture of The National Bank for my British friends which is or was owned by the British Lloyds bank and as you can see it has retained the old black horse symbol. I have also taken a few pictures of the central Square and the Cathedral which is the city's centre point. Also in the pictures are scenes from the many small parks in the city.

It's taken me forever to get these pics loaded but i cant really format them.

Have a great weekend.

11 Comments:

At 11:20 PM, Blogger David said...

Great pics! I thought it was a Lloyds bank sign I saw in there!!! Also is that a giant chip cone next to the fish & Chip stand, like the hottie outside the church as well.
David

 
At 2:45 AM, Blogger T-Bird said...

Not all americans live in a "bog". Only those of us up in the pacific northwest do. ;-D

 
At 3:20 AM, Blogger Doug said...

Very pretty area! And it's a shame Starbucks has reached its skeletal claws into your country. ;)

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger tim said...

Nice pics... and thanks for the well wishes. Work sucks right now. But hey, I haven't killed anyone.

 
At 12:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice pics, beautiful city. I wanna go there someday... I have a friend from the language school who's from NZ. :-)

 
At 1:29 AM, Blogger CondoBlogger said...

AWESOME!!! Looks like a wonderful city! Christchurch?

 
At 7:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope to see this one day soon!!! I love the cone thingy? What is it? You have a good eye for photography

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger Grahamburger said...

Aww, your city is so pretty!

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger Donnie said...

I love the photos. It looks like an utterly lovely city...Starbucks and all. :)

 
At 4:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! such nice pictures! It looks like such a livable and people-friendly city!

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Great pics!

Thanks for sharing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home