kev.in.real.time

Monday, February 05, 2007

Tomorrows a holiday!

Many people have taken the day off work today as i have done because tomorrow is a national holiday and people have had the weekend off so a lot of people are having a very long weekend.

Tomorrow is Waitangi Day (The national day of New Zealand). Tonight there is a concert in the city park followed by a huge fireworks finale. It all starts at 7.30 pm with the concert and then the fireworks follow at 10pm. The weather has been really nice today and it is looking to be a mildish evening. We will be having a beer in a minute and then we will head down to the park.

I might go shopping tomorrow as the Waitangi Day sales are on but we will see what's on offer.

Today has been quite productive for me around the house getting my clothes washed and e-mails written etc. It's been a great day.
kev.in.real.time

10 Comments:

At 6:43 PM, Blogger T-Bird said...

Oh I wish I was there for some summer sun. Came down with the flu (so much for flu shots) and it is a killer. One week and still not over it.

IS your flu season in your winter?

 
At 12:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now, I'm going to have to hit Wiki or something to read more about Waitangi Day! Where does it get the name?

Have a great day of celebration!

Since there was nothing of significance going on here in the US this past weekend (*wink*), I should have hopped a plane and flown down to celebrate with you guys. Instead it was just me and Rosey here. LOL!

 
At 1:25 AM, Blogger Doug said...

I could definately use a day off holiday! Our next day off here is President's day on Feb. 19th and I am looking forward to it. I think we have sales in the shops as well, but I probably won't go shopping. It will be a good day to stay home and read!

 
At 2:29 AM, Blogger Sh@ney said...

Well Happy Waitangi Day Kevin. Sounds like an enjoyableday to be had...Now behave and dont spend all your pocket money at the sales young man... *pokes tongue*
Have Fun! xxx

 
At 2:42 AM, Blogger cb said...

Waitangi Day sales? Is that sorta like a JC Penny "White" sale?

 
At 3:01 AM, Blogger T-Bird said...

So, the short days must help trigger flu season. That makes sense.

Yes, our weather FINALLY went back to mild after three months of hell. Finally!

Would love to visit NZ. Cheers.

 
At 4:20 AM, Blogger RIC said...

I wish I could say the same about last weekend... What a complete waste of time!...
Great you've managed to do something, which you can say good things about! Washing, e-mailing, and so on, and so forth... And on top of it, a great feast! Just marvellous! Enjoy your days off!
:-)

 
At 6:21 AM, Blogger Doug said...

Happy Waitangi Day!

Is it a coincidence that Waitangi Day falls so closely to Australia Day?

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger Spider said...

Well - have a Happy Waitangi Day! Enjoy yourself and whatever you have on Waitangi day,have one for me!

 
At 5:52 PM, Blogger Donnie said...

Congrats...have a great Waitangi Day! My next holiday isn't until Good Friday...SO far away.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home