kev.in.real.time

Friday, February 02, 2007

Bank Robbery

Today has been very entertaining in our city. Apparently the bank down the road has had an armed robbery. He went into the bank this afternoon with a knife and a hammer and demanded money. Nothing unusual with this i hear you say!

Well he got the money (two supermarket bags full) ran outside and got into his getaway car that he parked in the bank car park just outside. He went to drive off. He got to the car park exit sign and HE RAN OUT OF PETROL!!

He therefore took off on foot thus getting away. The police have been swarming the bank today cordoning off the area and examining the car for evidence.

I just wonder if it was registered to the robber or if he left any personal identification in the car?

I think that criminals here in New Zealand are much less intelligent than elsewhere. I mean who the hell forgets to fill up their car with petrol before they do a bank robbery!?

I will keep you informed about how the investigation develops!
kev.in.real.time

9 Comments:

At 12:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So... Were you wearing your running shoes at the time?

*EG*

[I am so bad!]

I'm not so sure criminals in NZ have any corner on stupidity. Thank goodness most of them are.

 
At 4:43 AM, Blogger Doug said...

Man, I just left a really long post and blogger just ate it! I was asking whether or not the crook can hotfoot it to the airport. That is where I would head if I had two bags of cash. It is more exciting than that of my neighborhood! I also mentioned that while in college there was a story about two drunk frat boys that robbed an outdoor jewelry vendor during a craft festival. They actually lead a trail of jewelry to their frat house! I think we have some pretty dumb crooks too!

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger Grahamburger said...

No, no, I have heard of dumber criminals.

There's a convenience store not far from where I used to live.
One time someone went in there with a gun to rob it. While they were holding up the store, they also demanded a pack of cigarettes.
The clerk behind the counter asked for an ID before he gave him the cigarettes -- so the robber gave him his driver's license!!!!

Of course, not filling up your tank before you rob a bank is close to as dumb as it gets.

 
At 6:09 AM, Blogger Donnie said...

That sounds like some of the stupid criminals we have here in the US.

http://www.dumbcriminals.com/

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger cb said...

gosh, your crime is so pedestrian! If that had been in the US, the weapons of choice would have been a pipebomb and a glock handgun.

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger tim said...

You Kiwis are crazy. :)

 
At 4:37 AM, Blogger cb said...

by the way- February 2nd is "Groundhog's Day" in America. I'm guessing you don't have this holiday in NZ-- because I'm sure you don't have groundhogs. Or care about when spring will occurr in February.

Did you know that the groundhog is also called a "whistle pig"? I like that name better...

 
At 11:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, he was a bright one. Can't believe he got away on foot no less. Here in the states they pull out the automatics and have someone ready to drive in the getaway car. I like your countries thiefs better, sounds safer ;)

 
At 2:28 AM, Blogger Sh@ney said...

ROFL...That sounds like something you would se on "Worlds Dumbest Criminals"...Hope they find him and return everyones funds...xxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home