kev.in.real.time

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Mcdonalds

Yesterday i blogged about subway (eat fresh) but today i want to say about McDonalds.

McDonalds is known as the American embassy over here! It is getting a lot of competition though from the other fast food outlets such as KFC, Burger King and Subway. In order to combat the competition they have revamped their restaurants by opening computers in their stores where you can buy a card and then surf the internet. It's proved quite popular. Also they have opened a McCafe section in their restaurants where you can have a coffee and a muffin in China cups where you can also buy a wrap or panini.

Last year they also done a trial only in New Zealand where you could buy one of four different roast meals which were served on a cardboard plate and the meals were compiled by prize winning chefs! It was nice food but just a little bit too pricey for Mcdonalds ($10.95NZ)

KFC are also revamping. In my city they completely demolished two stores and rebuilt them in under 6 weeks. They were redesigned to look a bit more funky.

Burger King havent really done too much as yet but their presence here is quite small.

Is McDonalds making a comeback!?!
kev.in.real.time

12 Comments:

At 12:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Goodness! The best MickeyD's does for "thems that started them" in the hinterland is to include salads on the menu. (The Asian salad is good!)

Although during our last trip to Maine (1999) we had a lobster sandwich at a MickeyD's in Orono, Maine.

It is a very sad commentary on American culture to hear that MickeyD's is known as the "American embassy", but I guess that's better than what King George III is exporting to the Middle East.

 
At 2:20 AM, Blogger David said...

Mcdonalds, Burger King and KFC are still vile and rank over in the UK, last time I went in a McDonalds I thew the food straight in the bin. Do you have Yo Sushi over there?

 
At 5:38 AM, Blogger Donnie said...

I frequent very few fast-food restaurants. The only one I eat at (as of late) is Wendy's. I love their Chicken BLT Salad.

KFC is too expensive for the quality food you get. McD is just too gross, and BK doesn't really have any signature dishes to warrant going out of my way.

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger tim said...

What scares me most about all these fast food places that serve this nutritionally unsound food is that there are more people who go to them than don't.

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger RIC said...

No fast food for me, thank you! :-)

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger Doug said...

I kind of like McDonalds. I like them now because they make a grilled chicken club sandwich that is really good and I get it with a side salad. My mom says that they have a new chocolate muffin and some kind of cinnamon thing she likes for breakfast, but I haven't tried that. They still are plenty of them and they usually seem busy. I like that they change their menus from time to time.

 
At 7:40 AM, Blogger cb said...

they serve biscuits IN china cups at your mcdonalds?? Why on earth do they put the biscuit in the cup???

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Grahamburger said...

The only fast food I will willingly eat (unless I'm starving) is Wendy's. Do you have Wendy's over there?

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger Doug said...

That is so strange to have Mickey D's serve anything but burgers and fries. I used to love their quarter-pounders with cheese, and their egg mcmuffin with sausage and cheese, but the last time I ate there I kinda felt icky afterward so I haven't gone back in a few years.

 
At 4:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The greatest thing about Mickey-D's is the salty french fries. If you don't get the fries, then it's just not Mickey-D's--no matter how many fashion-challenged clowns and golden arches they celebrate.... :)

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger Michael said...

Oh, Kevin--stay away from MickyD's! You don't want to be fat like us Americans, do you?

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger T-Bird said...

I have not eaten a fast food anything in decades (1970's)...except for ice cream cones (my weakness). If you want a good burger, grind up lean steak, season to taste, broil or do over coals. Slice up some Walla Walla sweet onions, pickles, greens. Nice glass of wine. Ummmm.

What time do we all show up at your house for summer dinner??? I can be there in about 24 hours.

Found the Kiwi to use as you avatar on my blog roll of fame.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home