kev.in.real.time

Friday, December 22, 2006

Jim McGreevey

Now, im not a 'book' person. In fact, going out cycling or brisk walking or any kind of exercise gets me very excited. But when i was in New York, i picked up a book in Barnes and Noble from the Ex-Governor of New Jersey titled 'The Confession'. Strangely i have been unable to put the book down. To sum up, the book is about the ex-governor who led a 'straight life' getting married twice to a woman, having two kids and then he decided to 'come out'. Im not at the end of the book yet so i cannot comment on how it finishes but im finding it so damn interesting.

Now, for many reasons, there are men out there who do lead straight lives with women but they are gay. For many reasons they do not want to come out or cannot find the courage or for whatever reason. My respect goes to these guys in many ways because I cannot imagine the heartache they feel and how limited their sense of freedom they must feel. Hence, they deal with things in their own way. Also my respect goes to those guys who decide at age 15 that they want to come out and live totally OUT lives. They may get abused, respected or shunned for their right to live as they want.
The essence of what im trying to get at i suppose is that whatever lifestyle someone leads, it is their choice and who has the right to decide whether something is right or wrong for someone else? I guess that my philosophy is that i dont judge ANYONE. Believe me i have met what other people would say are pretty fucked up people for whatever reason but i have TRYED not to judge. It aint easy. All that i would like to say to politicians and religious people who think that it is their perogative to judge is that to look at themselves first and then once everyother person in the world finds you perfect, THEN YOU CAN JUDGE.

Phew thats a philosophical Post today.
Have a hot sexy wild christmas....Woof!
kev.in.real.time

6 Comments:

At 1:58 AM, Blogger Lemuel said...

Thanks, Kevin! It is this kind of attitude in the Family that is helping me on my journey to be fully out.

 
At 2:21 AM, Blogger RIC said...

Thanks, Kevin, Merry Christmas to you too!
Everyone has the right to follow his own path the way he finds best as long as it doesn't harm anyone else. Some times, hypocritical politicians do exactly the opposite... Those cannot have my respect.
Hope you'll have a nicer weather for Christmas! :-)

 
At 4:35 AM, Blogger Doug said...

I also have found it very difficult to not judge, though that is always my goal. Life is never straightforward, and it's naive to say, "Why don't people just [come out | stay in | whatever]."

The problem is when people in power abuse that power and others get hurt. Sexual orientation rarely has anything to do with it. It's the power that's the problem.

 
At 7:49 AM, Blogger David said...

Ive been meaning to get that book for a while, youve convinced me to order it now.

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger Grahamburger said...

The book sounds excellent! If I had time for reading, I'd probably grab a copy.

MA is Massachusetts, btw. :)

 
At 4:22 PM, Blogger Doug said...

Merry Christmas!

That was quite the scandal when it was on the TV... I remember. And we HAVE to have scandals, otherwise we wouldn't have news. Or the Today Show. And Rosie wouldn't have anything to rant about on the View. I would read it but I don't like biographies, really. I am more of a fiction reader.

Oh, and come to voilaarmadillo.blogspot.com as I had to delete the old blog. But I am starting over!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home