kev.in.real.time

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Im back!

I am back from my grand tour of New Zealand's South Island. It feels like I have been away for so long and yet it doesnt feel like i have been away at all.

The weather was far from perfect as there was quite a bit of rain and it was so cold. It is official that December has been the wettest and coldest December ever here in New Zealand! (and we were camping in it). January hasnt started its best and today it has struggled to reach 15c (about 59f). It seemed so strange to see campers filling up hot water bottles at bedtime and wearing thick jackets. I see from other bloggers that they are having warmer temperatures than normal especially on the east coast of the United States. Well to all you guys i say send some of that warmth over here!

The only break in the weather was on Christmas Day and Boxing Day where temperatures peaked at 28c with lots of sunshine which enabled us to have christmas dinner out in the garden. New Years Eve was cold but that was ok.

Now i am back home and sorting out my laundry. I have washed a few essentials for tomorrow and have just put them out to dry but as it is so cold and cloudy i doubt they will dry....the only clean clothes i have is ajock strap and singlet and i cant see me doing my daily 5km walk in just those.....although....!

kev.in.real.time

8 Comments:

At 7:57 PM, Blogger T-Bird said...

And New Mexico where Tony is holed up is buried in snow storm after snow storm.

And the other extreme: Last summer we had the hottest driest summer on record.

Global warming??? Like the guy who runs Australia, our idiot president and evil vice president continue to deny that global warming exists so that they can continue to rape the consumers through their oil companies.

What is your latitude? We are about 48 degrees north here – similar to London.

 
At 2:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can see you doing your daily in a jack and singlet - or at least I would like to. LOL!

You should have stayed in the USA northeast! Yesterday our temp here in eastern Pennsylvania in January was 71 F (21/21 C)!

 
At 2:37 AM, Blogger Donnie said...

Hello Kevin....thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. I really appreciate it.

Despite the weather, it sounds like you had a great camping tour.

If I could send you some of the warmth from here in North Carolina, I would.

When I read about you doing your daily exercise in only a jock and a singlet, I thought....Hey, why not?

 
At 5:04 AM, Blogger David said...

Welcome back, glad you had a good tme, looking forward to the photos, esp the walk in your jockstrap ones !

 
At 8:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, make sure your camera is handy for that walk ;)

I would love to visit NZ and Australia one of these days. They seem like such beautiful places.

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger RIC said...

Welcome home, Kevin!
Hope it won't be too cold for your walk tomorrow... Especially if you're thinking of wearing such light cloths... After all, it's summer down there, isn't it? (Lol!)
Hugs!

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger Doug said...

I am back as well, though I will probably blog tomorrow. I think being outside in the cold weather would be preferable than spending a week with my sister....

 
At 2:42 AM, Blogger Doug said...

Welcome back Kev! Such a tease with your jock strap and singlet! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home