kev.in.real.time

Monday, December 18, 2006

Political Correctness

Yesterday i read on the front of the newspaper that Santa's at our malls and in our department stores are advised to no longer sit children on their knees as has been traditional but to have them sit next to you! In malls up and down New Zealand santa chairs have been made bigger to accomodate the extra room needed on Santas chair.

Now call me crazy if you wish but doesnt this seem to be going just a little bit to far. The child obviously sits on santas knee for 2 minutes maximum. The child has its photo taken with the photographer present and probably the childs mother and father there too. Now the santa is probably in his sixties or seventies. With all these scenarios what the hell do we think is going to happen. Just suppose that the mother and father and the photographer happen to go off shopping for two minutes leaving the child and santa together in full view of the rest of the busy mall. Also consider that the santa is NOT a young man. WHAT COULD POSSIBLY HAPPEN in that time that is inappropriate!?!

I sometimes think that in 10 years time we will not even be able to have santa talk to children!

kev.in.real.time

12 Comments:

At 12:02 AM, Blogger Lemuel said...

Isn't it sad how we overreact to everything! Growing up as a child I had teachers and Scout leaders pat me on the back for a good job done or put their arms around me. I never once thought of those things as sexual harassment or inappropriate sexual advances, but as a college level teacher I had to be careful of touching my students in any way to avoid such charges.

 
At 4:12 AM, Blogger Rian said...

In ten years they'll still be allowed to talk to each other. But I suppose they'll have to use a phone and see each other through a window. Like in the movies when someone visits a prisoner.

Ho, ho, ho...ld the line!

 
At 5:46 AM, Blogger Doug said...

I wonder what's driving this? Lawyers? Religion? Ignorant peasants?

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger cb said...

I, for one, am glad. It is MUCH easier to finger fuck a child's bum while they're sitting next to you in a big chair, than when they are turned sideways on your lap. THe back of the chair hides so many indiscretions!!!

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger cb said...

I, for one, am glad. It is MUCH easier to finger fuck a child's bum while they're sitting next to you in a big chair, than when they are turned sideways on your lap. THe back of the chair hides so many indiscretions!!!

 
At 8:29 AM, Blogger cb said...

I, for one, am glad. It is MUCH easier to finger fuck a child's bum while they're sitting next to you in a big chair, than when they are turned sideways on your lap. THe back of the chair hides so many indiscretions!!!

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger cb said...

I, for one, am glad. It is MUCH easier to finger fuck a child's bum while they're sitting next to you in a big chair, than when they are turned sideways on your lap. THe back of the chair hides so many indiscretions!!!

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger Doug said...

Santa talking to children is definately out. But the king of the holiday winter solstice might still have a chance!!

(Oh, I had to delete my blog at the mo' due to work. I will start a new one. )

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger kevin said...

Doug, let me know your new blogsite as soon as you get one.

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger RIC said...

I believe the filth in people's minds will end up turning anything whatsoever into what they have inside their minds.
I should stop right here...

 
At 3:22 AM, Blogger cb said...

I didn't think my post button was working--- obviously. Didn't mean to post FOUR fucking times.

 
At 4:10 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

It only takes one wiggly finger to put a stop to decades of tradition.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home