kev.in.real.time

Friday, November 10, 2006

NY in 3 weeks

Today it has suddenly hit me, In 3 weeks i will be in New York city for 10 days. I have swapped my NZ dollars for American dollars. I have my travel insurance and i have my aeroplane tickets. All i need now is tickets to get from JFK to Manhatten Chelsea. Does anyone know the best and cheapest way to get from JFK to Chelsea if i arrive at the airport at 11pm? I see that a company called SuperShuttle is an option but does anyone know whether this is the best method.

Last weekend i brought my suitcase to pack my stuff up in. We are going to be travelling light in anticipation of buying a few things in New York. Geee the city is going to be huge compared to New Zealand cities. I am also going to have to get used to those American accents that sound sooooooo SEXY :)

A few people commented on my trips to America to buy face products about travelling all that way-well believe me with shipping costs on the internet costing so much (usually at least the value of the product in Shipping costs), i may as well get the plane and get it myself:)

Ok, im off to bed to dream of my American holiday.

Night night (and a hug)
kev.in.real.time

13 Comments:

At 12:29 AM, Blogger David said...

I got the shuttle from Newark to Chelsea it was $15, They have a desk/phones at the airport I ony had to wait about 5 minutes for it. Would imagine it's the same set up at JFK

 
At 1:25 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Ahhh NYC... hope you take tons of pics and post them.... you will have a blast!

 
At 1:30 AM, Blogger Lemuel said...

Can't comment on the journey from airport to Manhattan. Never had need to do it. Our flights out were always from Philadelphia.

So then why do we find Oz and NZ accents so sexy?!

 
At 1:30 AM, Blogger TCho said...

hope you have a great time here!

 
At 2:02 AM, Blogger Thomas (Tom) Rimington said...

You are going to love NYC Kev...

I am not sure best way to get from JFK in Long Island, into the city, but I have used Super Shuttle before in Miami and they were great. Are you staying in hotel? or with friends?

I am with Kel... We want lots of pics and all the details of your stay!!!

Tom

 
At 2:55 AM, Blogger Jason said...

Super Shuttle or even a taxi will not set you back too much. Hope you have a great trip! I want to go back so bad!!

 
At 3:07 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

When in NY, see if you can catch "The Drowsy Chaperone." It's amazing.

You can get same-day discounted tickets to most shows as well at the TKTS counter. (Cash only.)

 
At 5:01 AM, Blogger RIC said...

You're going to love it all! It is a magic city indeed!
I got the SShuttle from and to JFK, and it was just fine.
Driving into Manhattan is a one time experience. You won't ever forget it! Just marvellous!
(I wish I could meet you there...)

 
At 5:21 AM, Blogger Doug said...

The anticipation! Too bad I'm not near NY.

Sweet dreams!

 
At 9:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You will have a blast in New York! I wish I could make it to NYC while you're there but alas, I cannot.

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger Michael said...

Super Shuttle is the way to go. The only other ways are taxi which is a $45 flat rate which does not include tolls or tip. You could take the subway but it's a long haul from JFK and I would not recommend it for your frist trip to the city. Super Shuttle is very reasonable and very reliable--use them.

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger Doug said...

I have used super shuttle and they are pretty reliable. You really are going to have fun. Are you going to see a Broadway play? I love Broadway. You can go to Madame Tussaud's wax museum. That is a hoot! I got a big kick out of it. Chris and I sometimes take a bus up to NYC for the day. It is a little over three hours from Baltimore. I hope the days go by and you can get going on your trip!

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger Michael said...

Kevin, since you hit my blog up asking what to do and see in NYC I thought I'd post a couple of suggestions here: See a Broadway show--half price tickets can be purchases at the TKTS booth in Times Square (47th and 7th Ave.) I would recommend "Drowsy Chaperone", "Hairspray" or "Chorus Line" but choose what appeals to you. Also, I think you'll be in town for the Rockefeller Christmas Tree Lighting on Nov. 29th at 7 PM (get there early!) Rock Center is at 50th St. and 5th Ave.
A couple of bars you should definitely get to are Splash (www.splashbar.com) and the Eagle on Sunday night (www.eaglenyc.com)
You asked about good discount shopping: check out H&M at 51st and 5th Ave, Daffy's on 34th and Broadway (this is near Macy's, too)and Loehman's on 17th and 7th Ave (right in Chelsea).
There is so much to see and do here tho, you can't go wrong. Enjoy your trip and keep us posted!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home