kev.in.real.time

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Fireworks

I have had my last exam today and i feel like i have been released from prison. I now feel lost without study. Im sure that i will get used to it.
Tonight we have been to a small fireworks display in preparation for Guy Fawkes night . Tomorrow there is a big display in the city which virtually half the city goes to. I often wonder why we celebrate an event that happened in England several hundred years ago but that's the way it is.

This year will also be special for fireworks as the government will be discussing soon as to whether to make the sale of fireworks to the general public illegal. I hear all the fireworks outside now as people are letting them off in their gardens. I know that a few people get hurt at home but i will so miss the child hood memories of the garden fireworks. Let's hope the proposed legislation fails.

kev.in.real.time

2 Comments:

At 2:47 PM, Blogger Doug said...

Yaay! Congrats on the last exam!

Re: the legislation, it seems like government is always looking to pass stuff like that when a few idiots get hurt. Individual responsibility be damned.

Congrats again on your exams!

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger RIC said...

Over and done with! Congratulations!
When I read Guy Fawkes I became confused: where on earth is Kevin? In New Zealand or in England?
That's an example indeed of the cultural power European colonial empires have developed and still have. Btw, I hadn't heard from GF since my highschool days...
Well, enjoy your new status!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home