kev.in.real.time

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Night work

Night work! Who really wants to do it? I do it on and off and boy does it mess you up. I worked last night and i slept this morning for a while and now it is 1am and im wide awake. Im feeling hungry whereas at tea time i couldnt stomach any thing. I am peeing at unusual times and now i feel like i should be going out for a walk! The shocking thing is, is that next week i have to do four of these nights in a row. It will be like having ongoing jetlag.

I see that our American friends are in the grip of election fever. I have Fox on at the moment checking out some American news. How do you guys take the American accents seriously....lol only kidding guys!

Sitting here a the computer it is 1.15am. The rain is falling outside. It is late spring and summer is just around the corner. I love this time of year.
kev.in.real.time

7 Comments:

At 3:10 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

Depending on what I'm doing, there are times where i could stay up and work all night long ... but if I was having to do my "day job" through the wee hours ... I think I'd kill myself.

 
At 4:24 AM, Blogger RIC said...

I think the time difference right now between Lisbon and New Zealand is in fact 13 hours! Just check the hour bellow this comment! In Lisbon it's 3:20 pm.
As to night work, I wouldn't mind that much: I'm a kind of an owl or a bat... :-)
Have a nice day, Kevin!

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger David said...

I work nights on a 4 on 4 off basis, it is like prmanent jet lag as you say, but the 4 days off make it worth it! I work for an American Black Travel/Charge card company, can you guess which one !

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger Lemuel said...

So you're on our time at the moment. LOL! You MUST be bored if you are watching our election returns!

I could never work night shift! I had a few experiences as a young guy and they were enough. My body is so timed to the rhythm of day and night!

We are heading into late fall here. Most of the leaves are off the trees.

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger Doug said...

LOL I never take seriously anything news anchors say. ;)

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger Doug said...

I don't know how I take that accent of our esteemed (or so) president. Just thinking about it makes me cringe.

 
At 6:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You must be referring to those news anchors who are "trained" to speak with the Midwestern monotone. Very BLAND English, indeed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home