kev.in.real.time

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Brisbane recap

Im now going to do a bit of a recap of my trip to Brisbane Australia.

1. Unfortunately no photos. I have to be in the mood for photography and i just wasnt for all my 10 days over there. Alas no photos.

2. The weather was pretty good at 20-22c each day and that was midwinter. I did however experience the coldest June day on record in the city. It got down to 8.3c.

3. I loved the ferries that sail along the river. We cruised down the river several times just watching the world go by. It was awesome.

4. Flights were cheap and cheerful. Everything ran on time. Security queues were nice and short.

5. Got to do a bit of shopping in the sales. I got a couple of jerseys that i needed for the winter months and a couple of t-shirts too.

6. Got to catch up with a few friends over there and chill out at their pool.

7. Tried out lots of nice Chinese food in China town.

8. Also tried some dodgy Chinese food from Central Station. Very very dodgy!

The last three days i have been revising hard for my exams and i'm shattered. Im glad they are over with for another six months. I think i done ok but i will have to wait and see.

12 Comments:

At 11:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll add my best wishes for good results on your exams!

Your trip sounds like it was quite relaxing and fun. I am surprised at the temps you are reporting. As I write it is 23C here (7:30 am) and is expected to rise to 34C today (very hot). My thought this morning as I left for work was how warm it was already - but for us this is summer and you reported temps not far off that mark for winter.

 
At 1:45 AM, Blogger Doug said...

Hey Kev,

It sounds like you had a really nice time. Well, except for the dodgy Chinese food. ;)

I hope your exam scores come back happy!

*hugs*

 
At 4:26 AM, Blogger RIC said...

I'm afraid some people are going to be disappointed because of the absence of photos...
I'm not. Well, not that much, anyway...
I'm glad you had a fabulous time in Brisbane. Those are the best memories!
Te deseo lo mejor!
:-)

 
At 6:27 AM, Blogger cb said...

I love the term 'dodgy'. I use it all the time-- trying to get on with my Brit self.

 
At 6:48 AM, Blogger Brechi said...

I never made it to Brisbane. Maybe some day though :)

 
At 7:33 AM, Blogger Donnie said...

Sounds like a grand time in Brisbane. Glad you had a good time....despite the 'dodgy' Chinese.

To answer your question posed on my blog...Logan's Roadhouse is a restaurant heavy on the Western steak theme ( http://www.logansroadhouse.com/ ).

 
At 12:39 AM, Blogger Sh@ney said...

Ahhh glad you enjoyed, but cannot understand why you would eat at Central Station, Eeeeek!!
Alas - you could have come around for a nice home cooked meal or a BBQ...but then contact helps...lol
Perhaps next time huh...
best of luck with the exams & have a bloody great weeekend mate!

 
At 2:54 AM, Blogger CondoBlogger said...

I'm sure you did GREAT! Glad you had a good trip... it sounds like it was wonderful!

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger T-Bird said...

Ditto on dodgy. Used to work with some Scotsmen who had some really nice expressions.

 
At 9:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

missed you while you were in town! i just finished my exams too im wrecked.... bah, education, it sux

 
At 12:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brisbane is my favorite city in the whole world so far. It is absolutely gorgeous there.

 
At 2:51 AM, Blogger patrick said...

Sounds like a fabulous trip! You deserve it, I'm sure!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home