kev.in.real.time

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Out for a bag.

Today has been a day of going around the shops just looking and not wanting to buy anything particular. It's been a sunny crisp day outside and we took a walk into the city centre. We started off by heading to Starbucks for a coffee and a read of the weekend newspaper. There is something relaxing about doing that. From there we headed to a couple of electrical stores to see what is new on the electronic front. We were pretty impressed with the Sony store. From there we went to McDonalds for a Coke and to watch the crowds as they filed past. From there we looked at some clothing shops where i got myself a satchel bag that i have been looking for for a few months. I have been needing one to keep my books in when transporting them. The bag was also a lot cheaper than i was anticipating.

From there we went to The Flight Centre to see if there were any flight specials going. There were none. After, we headed to KFC for a nice greasy Chicken combo meal. From here it was to the supermarket to pick up some croissants and bacon for breakfast tomorrow morning. After this we took a slow walk home (in the dark) along the river side. It's been a while since we took a full day shopping and just looking at the shops. We dont aim to buy anything extravagant, just what we need.

10 Comments:

At 3:12 AM, Blogger Doug said...

I love days like that. But: McDonald's & KFC? Ick. ;)

 
At 4:05 AM, Blogger RIC said...

«We dont aim to buy anything extravagant, just what we need.»

Morally advisable! If we «westerners» go on doing the very same things we've been doing for quite a while now, one of these «days» we'll have to close down the shop... Consumerism will do us all pretty well!...

Enjoy a beautiful Sunday, dear Kevin! :-)

 
At 4:48 AM, Blogger T-Bird said...

Kevin Kiwi, Now that sounds like a most pleasant day. Am doing a bit of that myself today in Seattle.

“Crisp”? I had to do the math. Lets see...May plus six months = November. Oh dear, I see.

Yes I love road trips, too. The best ones have vague itineraries. I am going to point X and want se go thru A, B, and C while I am going and will take Route 66 back and check out Y and Z on the return loop. I do not favor these “at 3 pm next Thursday we must be in the elevator (is it the Brit “lift” down under?). At 3:02 the doors open.. We have seven seconds allocated to exiting...”.

BTW: I have reduced the number of posts on my site. I am using the high resolution pics in the posts (I am so visual and can see the difference). If you have the time, I would be grateful if you could please let me know if it will load for you now. If it does not, then I will reduce the resolution a bit. I know one can click a pic to get the full resolution copy, but most people will only look at the embedded copy in the post so I want them to look as nice as possible. I am a fanatic on look and feel. It is a curse. Cheers!

 
At 9:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

there's so many nice cafes nearby at oxford tce and towards the art centre! and you went for McDs and KFC?...lol...suppose its cheaper.

ooo, i'm planning on buying a messenger bag too (you called it satchel bag). its really good for both working and school days. i think its a bit weird for me to carry a school bag to work! hmm, i'm heading down there in july, maybe i can do my bag shopping there. any good places you'd recommend?

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger Sh@ney said...

I am one of those gay men who do not like shopping...In fact it bores me senseless...lol
While I will go out for a bite to eat at the Mall - the shops get a big SNARL from me...Oh you should see me when I need to buy a piece of clothing...I wont go into a shop I will breeze past and if something happens to catch my eye - consider it sold (if they have my size) otherwise I keep walking madly in circles until I am OVER it & I go home...
Guess I just was not cut out for the whole fashion queen, shopaholic - mall rat like so many of my fellow poofs...*winks*

 
At 7:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm...i might go have a look at bags in newmarket before heading back to chc. will be back for a week to visit family end of june/start of july. not looking forward to the cold!

 
At 11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am with Shaney on this one!! I do not enjoy shopping...I go get what I need and then I am gone!!

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger T-Bird said...

I have an email of yours that I need to answer.

 
At 1:29 AM, Blogger cb said...

Out for a bag... but a bag of what? I heard no mention of said bag...

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger Donnie said...

Sounds like an absolutely lovely day of shopping and strolling. I wish I had someone to do that with. I love shopping, even if I don't buy anything.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home