kev.in.real.time

Monday, November 13, 2006

More night shifts

I am back doing four more night shifts. Last night was very quiet at work and I was so tired but had to stay alert. I grabbed about 4 hours sleep this morning and I am off to work again in a minute. @am seems to be my bad hour and then i gradually start to rally round at 5.30am. The things I have to do to earn the money to take me to New York.

Some good news today, I see that the NZ Dollar is going up against the US Dollar. The usual rate is about NZ$1=US$0.50 but it is currently $0.66 so i will get more for my money. That reminds me, i had better get my cash this week.

Spring is slowly coming here but it felt a bit like autumn today. Tomorrow is supposed to be great though but i will probably sleep through it.

Has anyone read the book by Jim McGreevy the ex New Jersey governor who has come out. I saw it recommended on the net and I was just wondering if anyone can tell me if it's a good read. It will be interesting to see how he rationalises his old views.

Ok, good night and im off to work.
kev.in.real.time

4 Comments:

At 12:04 AM, Blogger Lemuel said...

Have a great shift! and a relaxing day (sleep?). Think of the night shifts as a way of acclimating yourself to the jet lag when you arrive for your visit here.

 
At 5:14 AM, Blogger cb said...

Well, its a must read... if you want to read about his salacious sex life in bathhouses and bookstores. And with male prostitutes or wherever he got his jollies.

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger Doug said...

Haven't read that one, but I tend not to read non fiction as a rule. I love mysteries mostly, so if you had a question about those... I am glad you will get more for your money in the States! I buy a lot of music and books from the UK and the dollar is not as strong anymore so it is getting more expensive for me. But I gotta have my imports.

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger The Persian said...

Im working the night shift this week and I HATE it. I start to get really sleepy around 5 and that last two hours until I get relieved (at 7) are pure hell.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home