kev.in.real.time

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Report on NY

Im still thinking about my great time in New York. I took in a Broadway show. I went to the TKTS office as advised by some of my blogger friends and got some tickets to hairspray. It was my first time ever to a musical and i was soon in the swing of almost singing along! If i didnt know that i was gay before hand then i do now!





Central Park

Anyways, i definitely recommend any one sees it. The tickets were 50% off which cost me $50 which i thought was really expensive before i went and afterwards i thought it was a total bargain!




We went passed the studios were David Letterman airs. Also saw Hello Deli. Times Square was great but so busy. We went into the Hersheys Store which was packed and got some chocolate. In fact im eating one now.

Im still trying to get some pics loaded on here so please hang on in there.


I flew with United Airlines from Sydney. The airline is pretty basic i thought but the ticket was cheap so i aint complaining! The fights were long.

Ok, let me try and post some photos again.

kev.in.real.time

9 Comments:

At 1:25 AM, Blogger Lemuel said...

Imagine! A gay gay singing along with a Broadway musical! I'm still trying to process that thought. LOL!

I'm glad you got to see a play while you were there.

As for Hershey's! If you come to this area of the States again, we'll have to get you to the town! Hershey, Pennsylvania is about an hour west of me (roughly 3 hours west of NYC). There is a simulated factory tour. (When I was a kid it was the real thing). There is a good size amusement park (in our summer) and a beautiful rose garden. There is an ice hockey area in our winter. The lights of street lamps in town are shaped like Hershey's kisses, complete with the little tag sticking out.

Aside: As for a boy toy, you can be my boy toy anytime - so long as your partner doesn't pound me into dust! LOL!

 
At 1:27 AM, Blogger David said...

Hairspray is fab isnt it, great photos, but were are the ones of you??

 
At 2:51 AM, Blogger RIC said...

... And you saved the best for last! How comforting it is reading a sign like that!...
Thank you for the photos! Good memories came back again...

 
At 4:21 AM, Blogger Doug said...

Oh, and Hairspray is set in Baltimore! I hope that when they sang "good morning Baltimore" you thought of me... so glad you had a safe and happy trip. I also love squirrels. I went to a college that had loads of them, and they would sometimes jump down from the trees on you thinking you had food, so many people fed them. I got back from the caribbean in one piece. (though severely burnt.)
Glad you got to do a little bit (or a lot of shopping) I didn't do too much shopping but I got some duty free cologne at a pretty good price so I can't complain.

 
At 5:02 AM, Blogger Michael said...

I love your pics!!! Thanks for posting them. WOW--it looks like you sure covered the city from Central Park to the corner of Christopher and Gay St! Good for you! I'm so glad you saw Hairspray, too, and that it cleared up any questions you had about your sexuality. A show with a big drag queen in the lead role has a way of doing that! LOL

 
At 7:58 AM, Blogger T-Bird said...

Oh La La -- had to have a copy of Gay Street's sign for future collages. What a find! Thanks

 
At 3:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks and sounds like you had a great time! I love Hairspray, I haven't seen it (yet!) but the music is great! :)

My college is actually really near to Hershey. It's a neat town, neat amusement park there...and lots of free chocolate. Plus you can smell the chocolate being made and that's about as close to heaven as you'll ever get. :D

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger T-Bird said...

Thank you! Will keep you in mind when it shows up -- and I have just the collage in progress to clip it into. CHeers.

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger T-Bird said...

Do you have a larger format copy of the Gay street sign? i have a little prototype of what I am thinking of at

http://bp1.blogger.com/_UkmvUlzu1Rk/RX9W-o0qj3I/AAAAAAAAAD8/K2gVYPvnAYg/s400/It%27s+Raining+Men+copy.jpg

email me (addr on profile) and attacheh if you do. Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home