kev.in.real.time

Friday, November 17, 2006

Taxis

Today is a day of getting a gripe off my chest. And that gripe is TAXI DRIVERS.

In my city they have to be the worst drivers on the entire planet. Over the years I have nearly had three major incidents and all have cocerned taxis and all were the taxis thoughts.

My first incident was a few years ago on my cycle. The driver failed to give way to me when i was turning. The tragic thing was that he never stopped and it was up to his passengers who turned to look out the back window to make sure i was ok. He never knocked me off my bike due to my last minute reaction.

My second incident was getting into a taxi as a youngster. The taxi driver released the hand break as i was about to get into the taxi and he ran over my foot as the car slipped forward.

My third incident was not long ago. A taxi driver failed to stop for me as i was crossing a pedestrian crossing. He saw me and was going at 50kph. He didnt want to stop. If it wasnt for me diving out of the way i doubt that I would be here typing now!

The taxi scenario was bought to the subject of my blogging today because i saw a terrible taxi driver who was flashing his wrong indicator and then double parking for almost 10 minutes so no one could pass him .He was adament he was going to stay where he was. There were more than 10 angry cars behind him!

Phew, i feel a bit better now i have got that off my chest! Are taxi drivers like that in other cities?
kev.in.real.time

4 Comments:

At 12:18 AM, Blogger Lemuel said...

They must all go to the same taxi driver school.

yeouch. You've had some nasty encounters!

Do they have "zebra laws" in NZ? (Sorry to show my ignorance) - that is, do pedestrians have the right of way at marked crosswalks? Here in PA they do, but few motorists know or obey it, so we have this "bumper crop" of little yellow signs popping up in our streets to remind drivers of it.

 
At 1:23 AM, Blogger Doug said...

I am not sure if it is the taxi drivers here or just drivers in general. We seem to be getting more and more cars on the road and therefore more bad drivers. I also live in the Baltimore/Washington DC area and everyone is in a hurry. But spout off any time you need to. I am listening!

 
At 5:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI,

HAVE A NICE DAY !!!!!!

HAIRYBEARS
http://hairybears.blogspot.com/

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger RIC said...

Man! What a nasty set of incidents...
As far as Lisbon is concerned, I have only one advice: if you can avoid them, please do avoid them. They always think the road is all theirs, and on the arrival at your destination they'll cheat you.
Have a great weekend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home