kev.in.real.time

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Earthquakes

After all the fun of the earthquake that New Zealand has had recently things are feeling like a rollercoaster.

We live in the South so havent been affected by the recent Gisbourne quake but we have had a 'jolt' from it which people felt in the South Island. I personally didnt feel that particular quake as i was out walking at the time. There was a small earthquake last night as i was getting into bed at half past midnight. The bed gently shook before a mild 'jolt' hit the house. No damage at all anywhere in the city but it did make our tiny christmas tree do a seasonal shake!

The guys up north have been clearing up from their quake but it has left their town pretty damaged....the joys of living in an earthquake zone!

So is everyone geared up for christmas? I just have to go out and buy some food at the supermarket to get me over the one day holiday. People are going nuts here. For a start driving skills and rules have been largely abandoned by holiday shoppers. Crazy stressed out people are getting even more crazy and stressed out...and all for one day! Shops will be open on boxing day folks! And things will be on Sale......oh hell, the sales...sounds like another time to hide from the shops!

2 Comments:

At 9:19 PM, Blogger Soul Seared Dreamer said...

Fuck that reminds me.. I hate sales.

I made the fatal mistake of going last year.. I found one thing I wanted to get (for my neice) but there was a queue about 2 hours long.. and I thought no way am I waiting.

Merry X-Mas Kev. Have a good one.

 
At 11:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had not heard of the quake, but I am glad to hear you are safe. My thoughts go out to those affected.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home