kev.in.real.time

Monday, December 03, 2007

Back From Canada

Im home!

I got home yesterday after having an awesome time in B.C. The weather was cold but the rain held off for most of the time. Canadians were very friendly and treated us well although i think a few people had a few problems understanding our accents!

I loved the variety of foods that were so easily and cheaply available. I enjoyed the clothes shopping. I enjoyed the sightseeing and my trip up to the Harbour Centre lookout. I enjoyed ordering a small coffee and receiving a coffee that is the equivalent size of a New Zealand large. I enjoyed watching the Vancouver Christmas Parade. I enjoyed....everything!

The flight over to Vancouver was half empty with gave me plenty of room to spread out. The flight home though was totally full so space was a premium. I felt like a caged chicken!

My trip from Vancouver to Seattle was great. I mounted the Space needle as well as done heaps of shopping. Seattle is the home of Starbucks so i made the effort to visit as many Starbucks in the city as possible! I was buzzing from all the caffeine!

The temperatures were cold over there in the northern hemisphere. We experienced 2c. I'm glad i took an extra jersey.

Now im back in NZ. The weather has been 25c today and sunny. Such a contrast. I was surprised that the evenings got dark so early in Canada (before 5pm) but there was so much to do to in the dark hours.

I now want to live in Canada!!!!

10 Comments:

At 8:49 PM, Blogger Monty said...

Welcome back mate! Any more trips on the horizon??? LOL

 
At 12:13 AM, Blogger Lemuel said...

Glad to have your reads again!

I've not been to Vancouver, but I've been to 3 provinces in eastern Canada and I will agree that it is a very nice country. I've actually tried the "entrance exam" and come up one point shy. If only I knew French!

I am happy to read that you had a great time.

 
At 4:21 AM, Blogger Doug said...

Welcome back! I'm glad you had so much fun.

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger David said...

Welcome back. You just missed the Spice Girls then !

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger tim said...

I love Canada. I was just talking to the man about going up to visit next year. And I love Seattle too. Glad you had a great time. Welcome back. I am sure the flight was not short.

 
At 3:29 AM, Blogger Donnie said...

Glad to read you had a nice trip to Canada (birthplace of my maternal Gramma).

You "mounted the Space Needle", huh? *evil grin & dirty thoughts*

 
At 5:20 AM, Blogger Michael said...

Aww, Donnie stole my thunder! I was gonna say "you mounted the space needle--that must have been fun for you." ;-)

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I've been to Canada and I loved it! I was 17 at the time and it was also winter. I was there for 5 weeks and spent Christmas there. For a while, I also wanted to live there, and sometimes I still think I should take the chance and go. I haven't been to BC though. I was in Ontario and missed the chance to go to Quebec to try out some French cos the weather was so bad, roads were closed because of ice and freezing rain. Glad you had a great time.

 
At 4:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was just in New Zealand in the summer and I loved it. In some ways we are similar in regards to the fact we live by a dominating neighbor that we are not always fond of, and everyone thinks we are the same and are being mistaken for the other.

Lemuel - it is never too late to start learning another language.

 
At 4:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was just in New Zealand in the summer and I loved it. In some ways we are similar in regards to the fact we live by a dominating neighbor that we are not always fond of, and everyone thinks we are the same and are being mistaken for the other.

Lemuel - it is never too late to start learning another language.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home