kev.in.real.time

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Winter or Spring?

After 3 solid weeks of summery weather, the cold blast has hit. Todays top temperature reached only 6c with snow down to 300m. Many towns down south as well as inland areas very near to us got a good sprinkle of snow but all we got was sleet! It was officially Spring on the 1st September but we have slipped back into winter.

Tomorrow is going to be about the same but better weather is following.

On a better note, daylight savings starts in just 4 weeks time so the lighter evenings will be on their way. I always get a good feeling at this time of year. Nature is rejuvinating and the daffodils are in full bloom.

7 Comments:

At 11:41 PM, Blogger Steve said...

Do you guys generally get a Fall Season? Or does it go from Summer-like to Winter-like?

 
At 4:10 AM, Blogger CondoBlogger said...

So funny how the opposite is going on here... still hot in Atlanta, but this morning (at 6:30 - can't believe I was actually up) there was a HINT of a chill. I can't really describe it, but it was just barely there. I love fall so this is a welcome development.

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger Monty said...

It's been the same here in Sydney Kev, it was a lovely warm spring weekend and suddenly, overnight, it's gone back to winter temperatures! brrrrr... It's a long weekend this weekend, so I'm hoping that the weather will improve by then!

 
At 2:56 AM, Blogger cb said...

I was going to say, you have to be heading toward spring! It will be lovely there in about 3 weeks!

In minneapolis, we've had a hot snap and temperatures will be over 32 C here today. But then by the weekend we are supposed to drop to around 20C for a high.

 
At 6:17 AM, Blogger Donnie said...

I cannot wait until we cool off. I'm counting down the days until the autumn chill is in the air.

 
At 10:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are totally ahead of us, Kev! Now the chilly winds of Fall has just started to blow... I'm afraid I'm gonna get sick :-/

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Kev. I used to be Homme du Cap, but I've come back as Cape Town Pictures, under the name M. I was wondering if we could exchange links? I enjoy your blog - its really cool...
We are heading into Spring, but its still cool and we've had some rain this week already. Hope to hear from you soon. M.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home