kev.in.real.time

Friday, March 16, 2007

Idol

I was looking at a post regarding American Idol. I cant believe that the show is still going over there. We have the start of the new American Idol on TV here but i cant really say that i have got into it. The judges seem either too harsh or too soft.

We have had three series of New Zealand Idol go through so far and god help us all if we have a fourth one. All of our winners have been popular for about 2-3 months after winning when they release one song and the ARE NEVER HEARD OF again! I cant even remember the names of the last three NZ Idol winners....

...OK guys can any one name the last three New Zealand Idol winners? The first person to name them gets a PASH from me! (Hell that's some incentive!)

We have had Australian Idol on the TV as well but i havent seen it on for around 2 years now. I think we are getting a bit too much Idol. Does Canada have Canada Idol and does Britain have British Idol? What's more does Germany have Deutschland Idol............So many Idol Phewwwww.

I think i have the Blogger problems sorted out now so i will be able to respond to your posts and hopefully respond to you at Wordpress.

8 Comments:

At 1:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i guess I have another notch in my card, but I have never been into Idol. I do not understand the appeal.

 
At 2:25 AM, Blogger Donnie said...

I've never seen AI and don't really see the appeal. Furthermore, why would friends and family let these poor people make fools of themselves on national TV??

 
At 4:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dominic Bowden, Benjamin Lummis and Rosita Vai (not in that order!)
And Canada had Idol as well...I do not watch it and we never hear from them again!

 
At 7:08 AM, Blogger CondoBlogger said...

I dip in and out of AI depending on what else is on. I will NOT (unless the format drastically changes) watch the preliminary shows were they make fun of mentally challenged or physically unappealing people though. It's cruel and pointless. There's two cute "Timberlake wannabees" on this years AI who I have seen a couple times, but otherwise... not paying attention to it much this year.

What's a PASH?

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger Doug said...

Not an AI fan, or any "reality" tv for that matter. I have enough drama in my life.

I like how Jennifer Hudson lost on AI but won an Oscar.

 
At 4:14 AM, Blogger David said...

We have it here and it is really old now! The UK winners always get the Xmas No 1 record then thankfully disapear into obscurity. It's just been exposed as a phone in vote rigging scam as well so it's all a fix.

 
At 7:09 AM, Blogger cb said...

have you switched your format to the new blogger yet? that's probably it.

and who can really name the last 3 American Idol winners either??

 
At 7:10 AM, Blogger cb said...

Oooo- I did love the fat girl on Canadian Idol that completely farted on camera during her audition. Hilarious!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home