kev.in.real.time

Friday, March 09, 2007

Autumn

We are slowly sliding in to Autumn down here in New Zealand. The nights are getting slightly darker and the mornings a little cooler. In a few weeks people will be lighting their open fires which will pollute the still air we have in the city.

It is the time of year that makes me feel not as bright as usual. The time of year that i long to head into the northern hemisphere to witness their awakening from their winter. Here the leaves havent yet started falling from the trees but i was walking home from work this morning after my night shift and there was drizzle in the air and a slight nip in the air that made me put my jersey on. I just wonder if winter will be harsh or mild.

My favourite season is definitely summer. It is warm vibrant and welcoming. The long light nights make the day feel so long and nice.

Have any of you guys got a favourite or dreaded season?

10 Comments:

At 12:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dread summer with its humidity and heat.

Do the leaves change colors in NZ? i.e., do you have colorful autumns?

 
At 12:52 AM, Blogger David said...

Were just entering Spring here, and I am sooo glad! I like Spring & Auntumn, Summer is too hot here and Winter too cold.

 
At 2:37 AM, Blogger Doug said...

Late spring and late autumn are my favs. I like the moderate temps and the less-crowded roads (the snowbirds have mostly gone home or not yet arrived).

 
At 6:34 AM, Blogger cb said...

yeah, I hate fall too. The shorter days, the cooler temps. its depressing.

Although, there are a couple times in the dead of summer that I long for milder temps. Summers can be brutal here-- humid and 95 degrees F is never a good combo.

 
At 7:30 AM, Blogger Donnie said...

I love autumn. I love the smell of burning leaves.

I hate hurricane season. Living on the southeastern NC coast makes me "ground zero" for many hurricanes.

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger Wayne said...

Oh Yes! Spring is here in Michigan! I love the rebirth of nature! It is so weird thinking about fall and "winter" elsewhere. Do you have snow?
But I can totally understand the depresing thought of winter.
I have had that for months now!

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger Rian said...

We have the first daffodils here, trees start to blossom. Finally.

Although had a long and beautiful summer last year, a very late but golden and warm fall, and a mild winter, I'm so looking forward to walking outside again and enjoying warm summer nights.

It's hard to imagine that on "your side" it's just the other way round. Anyway, hang in there!

 
At 12:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am odd!! I love winter. I grew up in Labrador and everything happened there in winter. Granted it was for 9 months of the year lol

 
At 8:22 PM, Blogger T-Bird said...

I like them all. Every moment of each one. I find beauty in each season. Sort of like that biblical passage "there is a season, turn turn turn" -- oh i just confused it with a 1960's song by the Byrds.

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger Wayne said...

Yes, I agree, Albert is ODD! But that's another story. You left a comment on my blog about seeing more of me, but you didn't leave me an e-mail address. I won't post that kind of stuff on my blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home