kev.in.real.time

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Australia

Yesterday i got back from my short visit to Australia. The weather was great-hot and sunny!

We spent most of the time looking around the shops and i ended up getting some smart dress pants and a well cut shirt. To top it all i got a pair of shoes as well. The shops are pretty different to the ones here in New Zealand. For a start you have much more choice of clothing and some of the bigger brands are available over there. There were lots of great places to eat. We chose to go mainly to the South Bank where we could eat in the open air at 9pm wearing just shorts and a t-shirt. We also went to China town which was smaller than i expected and had a meal in a Thai restaurant called Thai-Wi-Rat. A very interesting name i thought!!

The flights to and from Brisbane were great. We went on a no-frills airline which meant you had to buy food and drink if you wanted it but that was ok. We prepared our own food and we treated the flight like a picnic. It was easy to get around the city and we could have taken a trip to the Gold Coast on the train too but decided to just locate ourselves no further than an hour away from the city. We hopped on the train a few times and went out to a few malls outside the city. I think i am turning into a shopping freak!

I have been unpacking today and am considering a move over to Australia! I will see how things are in a few months and if i still feel l ike i do now then i may be relocating.

7 Comments:

At 10:00 PM, Blogger David said...

Wow, that sounds sudden moving country? Very exciting though.

 
At 12:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

But then who will welcome me to NZ when I move there! ;)

Seriously, very interesting information hidden there in terms of contrast between NZ and Oz.

 
At 1:49 AM, Blogger cb said...

Nooooooooooo! You can't leave NZ! I was trying to cultivate a friendship so I'd have a place to crash in Christchurch.

Damn.

 
At 6:09 PM, Blogger tim said...

Wow, that's quite a move. Either way, I'll have someone to visit when I go to your part of the world.

 
At 5:05 AM, Blogger Donnie said...

WOW! A visit prompted you to relocate? It's settled, Australia is THE place to visit! ;)

 
At 2:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I was in Brisbane, I decided to drive up the Gold Coast. It was the nicest beach I have ever been on! I also enjoyed the man made beach in Brisbane. We had lunch there twice and the boys were cute!

 
At 10:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well written article.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home