kev.in.real.time

Saturday, July 05, 2008

What a day.

All i can say is what a day!

I wakes up this morning to a freezing winters day of 7c. I gets ready to go out to the city on foot. I get halfway to the city when the weather changes. The wind gets up, it starts to rain and within half an hour the temperature drops to 1c. The rain changes to snow and a blizzard occurs. All this while im walking to the city!!!

It has been intermittently snowing and raining for most of the day and winter has produced some snow for us. I spent most of the day in the city Starbucks in order to dry off and as most of the city had been sent home because of the appaling storm, the city centre was dead and thus, i more or less had Starbucks to myself. Just me and a few Japanese and German tourists!

I arrived home this evening and i've been struggling to get the house warm. It's just so cold outside with the sleet still falling and a bone chilling cold. I hope the storm clears soon and we get back to our temperate temperatures (either that or im moving North.)

Stay warm (not a problem for people in the northern hemisphere at the moment!)

7 Comments:

At 3:52 AM, Blogger Ken Summers said...

I am quite familiar with this sort of weather. Winters here are just as unpredictable and miserable. Of course my friend in Canberra deals with seasonal depression on top of it all, so he's been feeling doubly rotten lately.

Our seasons might be reversed, but that's where the differences stop...

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger J said...

it has been extremely cold in auckland too. But i shouldn't be complaining since its way colder down in chc. The wind really just makes it so much worse.
Wrap up warm!

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger David said...

Good to have you back. I'm baking in a heatwave right now. Keep warm !

 
At 6:23 AM, Blogger Lemuel said...

Sorry, you are having trouble getting warm. I could help with that - and I'm not just talking about sharing the 90F (32C) humid weather we are having here.

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger Nathan West said...

Hamz city is cold as, mate! today's weather is sweet though, clear sky and nice sun to warm up~

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger Sh@ney said...

Gosh that is a big change and abruptly Kev.

I wish I was there, I dont mind freezing my ass off in good company...LOL

Hope the weekend brings better weather. We are getting chilly nights but no where near 1C.

Take Care

 
At 3:01 AM, Blogger Donnie said...

I wish I could have some of that chilly weather here. I love the cold weather.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home